Need help with moving and storage?
eMove can help you find sturdy moving boxes and assist with all your moving storage needs. We’ll do the hard work so you can focus on moving into your new home or office – not how your furniture and belongings are going to arrive!
A few handy tips
When it comes to preparing for your next move, keep these handy packing tips in mind:
- Pack all boxes to capacity. Boxes that are not full are more likely to be crushed and boxes that are overfilled tend to tear apart.
- Label all boxes as soon as you’re finished packing them to ensure they are unpacked in the right area of your new home.
- Use old blankets and sheets to cover furniture.
- If you have to dismantle any furniture place all the nuts and bolts in a plastic bag and tape them to the furniture.
- To avoid scratching glass furniture, wrap it in butcher’s paper or newspaper.
- Move packed boxes close to the exit of your home – so it’s easier for your removalists.
- Tape and seal all cleaning fluids.
- Pack heavy things into smaller boxes and lighter things into the larger boxes.
- Wrap all glass-wear and breakables individually in towels or packing material.
- Carry valuable items such as passports, jewellery and cash with you rather than leaving them with removalists.
- Sell or give to charity everything you will no longer require as it will only take up unnecessary space in your new home.
When it comes to moving, eMove can also help you:
- Find a suitable moving van or truck
- Find and organise storage
- Organise connection or disconnection of your gas, electricity and phone
- Arrange a cleaner for your new or old property
- Organise disposal of any rubbish
- Notify everyone of your change of address
Talk to eMove
If you have any questions about our moving storage and boxes, please speak to our friendly team here at eMove on 1300 306 522 or email us on email@example.com.