Moving House Tips
When it comes to preparing for your next move, our wide range of handy moving tips will help ensure you are organised and prepared.
Tip Category: Packing
- Pack all boxes to capacity. Boxes that are not full are more likely to be crushed and boxes that are overfilled tend to tear apart.
- Label all boxes as soon as you’re finished packing them to ensure they are unpacked in the right area of your new home.
- Use old blankets and sheets to cover furniture.
- If you have to dismantle any furniture, place all the nuts and bolts in a plastic bag and tape them to the furniture.
- To avoid scratching glass furniture, wrap it in butcher’s paper or newspaper.
- Move packed boxes close to the exit of your home – so it’s easier for your removalists.
- Tape and seal all cleaning fluids.
- Pack heavy things into smaller boxes and lighter things into the larger boxes.
- Wrap all glasswear and breakables individually in towels or packing material.
- Carry valuable items such as passports, jewellery and cash with you rather than leaving them with removalists.
- Sell or give to charity everything you will no longer require as it will only take up unnecessary space in your new home.
Need a removalist?
If you require a cheap moving service, we can help! Call us today on 1300 306 522 for the smartest movers’ tips and more information on out free removalist directory service.
eMove can help you with the following:
Melbourne removalists, Moving, Utilities, Relocation, Move house, Moving company, Tasmania removal, Canberra removalist, QLD moving, Victoria removal, Brisbane moving, Home power, Removal driver, Address change, Newcastle removal, Home phone service, Moving house checklist, Melbourne moving to, Movers, Furniture removalist, Home services, Australia moving to, Australian move, Moving quote, New address, WA removal, Interstate removals, Sydney removal companies, NSW removal, NSW removalist, Sydney move, Moving services, Change my address, Backloading Melbourne, Relocation services, Remove home, ACT moving, VIC moving, NT move, Melbourne furniture removalist, QLD furniture removalists, Canberra removal, Removalist, Removal quotes, Furniture removal, Moving home, Changing address, Change address, Move home, Compare removalist quotes
The eMove Moving Places column
For the inside word on everything you need to know about the moving process (and everything else in between), check out the eMove Moving Places column. New installments added regularly